Saturday, June 16, 2007

Loving it and hating it

Is it considered summer if it's 10 degrees celcius?? Yes, over here it is. I've never thought I would ever needed to go out with a WINTER JACKET during SUMMER! That's so wrong. I guess I have to buck up my cold-threshold. Some pictures at last! These are photos of the 1st few days when I arrived when it was sunny. Sadly, it did not last long.

My current home for the next one year...





The nearest walkway you see there would enter my block



Typically SCOTTISH... Kilt + bagpipe


Surrounded by grass. Those here are nicer than those at home.

Since our arrival for less than 1 and the half weeks, we (IMU students) set up the fire alarm twice. I guess we really broke a record that no other batch can. The 1st time was bcuz of my friend from another unit who cooked without closing the kitchen door, so smoke went into the corridor of our rooms. 2nd time was in the sterile lab. I swear it wasn't me ok?? I'm sure u guys would be thinking I set something up on fire in the lab. I was in the dispensing lab when suddenly the fire alarm rang. Thinking that they were testing the alarm AGAIN for 2 days in a row, we didn't bothered running out. Until a lady (i tink she's a lab assistant) screamed for us to run. OMGG... We werent' prepared bcuz nothing of this sort has happened before. A machine just set itself on fire. Firemen arrived in less than 5 minutes, they were fast. The 2nd fire even brought 3 firetrucks. But it was just a small fire lah... Nothing as big as what u're thinking abt now.

Over here, as long as a fire alarms goes off, you would definitely see firemen bcuz there's no way we could enter the building until they pronounce it safe. Things are kinda strict here. Having living in Msia for 20 yrs, I've never seen those in Msia being so efficient.

They are more efficient than Msia's firemen & yeah this is the more important part, they are cute!!! I even took pics of them but my hp's cam is not good enough and I don't have my digicam with me. I definitely wouldn't mind fire alarms going off more often hahaahha but I don't think it will bring a good name to us P105 of IMU.

Now comes the bad part... Having 7 hours of lectures/lab a day is no fun at all. Lectures progress so quickly. And most of the time, I'm sleeping in class. Haha I use jet-lag as an excuse. Telling myself maybe I need more time to adjust to the 7 hrs-behind-Msia time here. I don't seem sleepy when I don't need to be in lectures though.

Has been only 1 week, but I'm already getting sick of washing clothes, washing dishes, thinking of what to eat for lunch or dinner, whether to cook or not. Well, mainly I'm surviving with sandwiches. Even if I were to stir-fry vege/meat, I only know how to use oyster sauce. Other than that, I'm knowledge-less about cooking. Sigh...

I'm typing this longggg post bcuz I have nothing much to do. No mood to sleep or study. Some people went clubbing but I'm right here at home bcuz I'm a good girl. *praise myself* Hope my darling would praise me too.

West-end festival pics coming up soon!!

No comments: