Thursday, November 02, 2006

KL BBC Proms 2006

Went for Prom 3 at the Philharmonic Hall at KLCC. Was my 2nd time there. Quite a spectacular night, I would say. All pieces performed were good.

The violin concerto, however, wasn't really my favourite though. I thought it was abit too 20th century for my taste. But, the violinist was good. His name, Ilya something. His skill was really good. *aplause aplause* What's more... He's good looking as well. Counted his age... He's only 24 this year. Young yet excellent. *giggle* (Wasn't me who counted his age, wai keng, you did) I sort of liked the cadenza, when Ilya played solo.

The other piece was Petrushka. Anyone who wants to know about this piece, go google it or something lah. It's actually a ballet piece then. This was much better suited to my taste compared to the violin concerto. These were the 2 long pieces lah.

There were 3 other short pieces that night. I think it's from the Classical Period. Not too sure though.

As usual, had to take some photos at the end. How can photos lari from us right.

Haha.... Up next: Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker on Dec 1st, 2nd and 3rd 2006. Going for the Dec 1st one..

No comments: