Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Autumn at Glasgow Green

Tempted by Yan Nee's photos taken at Glasgow Green, we made use of our day off (in actual fact, private study time) to be camwhorers ourselves at the park.

Like how a blind leads another blind, we walked til the end of High Street. We did not get lost (if we really got lost, damn malu wei bcuz it's so easy to get there). It was where the BBC Proms was held recently. I missed that event. I even missed the one at the KLCC Park last year.

*Disrupting myself: I shouldn't be blogging bcuz I have tons of work to be done. So many cases to prepare for tomorrow's workshop. I'm not even half done. But, I need to put photos up!!*

I thought Glasgow Green is just an ordinary park (it does look like one) but as I was tidying my room for inspection, I spotted this leaflet about it on my shelf. No joke, it's the oldest park in Glasgow and it has been there since the 15th Century.




McLennan Arch


Yellow ground.


Botak tree.


A mixture between green and yellow. Wonders of autumn.



River Clyde at the background. The most famous river in Glasgow.



Of course, our main intentions were to get snapshots of the falling, yellow leaves before the trees turn "bald". Surprisingly, beneath the yellow fallen leaves, the grass was still green! Like this below...


What do you think of those scrawny trees?



Nelson's Monument


They say I look fierce. But I like this picture!


We're the new Charlies Angels. Watch out!




Doulton Fountain. Desmond kor kor (ahem, almost typed out uncle but he'll strangle me if I ever do that): Aren't you happy to be surrounded by so many 'leng luis'??? Haha.



Presenting to you the People's Palace. Nothing extraordinary in there.


In the People's Palace. See I told you... Don't believe me laaa

There are lots more but I shall not bore you guys by showing off more pics of us (or maybe me?) being narcissistic. Well, you can see that I'm trying to suppress myself by posting pics of myself individually to a minimal number.

Speaking of inspection, we spent our weekend cleaning our flats for the 2nd inspection. How can guys' flat passed and ours didn't? *Knock knock* The most housework I've ever done in my life! I can't stand doing things the ordinary way, so this is what I did... For example, I plugged out the microwave and turn it the other way round so I could clean the top! I wrapped a butter knife with the table cloth to clean the narrow grooves on the rubber of the fridge's door. We're done after hours and hours. And we made a swimming pool while defrosting the freezer (which was filled with inches of 'snow'). *Whenever I'm feeling bored, I'll run to the freezer, grab some 'snow' and weeee... I play with them!* It's tiring but kind of fun though. Laughing at all those difficult chores, some of which we think are impossible to be done because we left it stained for such a long time.

Super busy week ahead. Pening kepala thinking of the number of things I have to do.

*Knocking of to bed now.... *

No comments: