Sunday, October 21, 2007

Il barbiere di Siviglia

Immediately after settling the hacking problem of mine, we went for our first opera at the Theatre Royal.

Definitely enjoyed it because the music and the singing was so damn good. Presented by the Scottish Opera, it was sung in Italian with English subtitles.

For those who enjoy operas or those who would like to give it a try, there are 2 more performances on the 30th of Oct and 1st of Nov. They are actually offering 10 pounds tickets for those under the age of 26. It's really worth it bcuz the original price of the ticket you're getting is about 40 pounds. Of course, this isn't any advertisement. Just an opinion of mine as I was really stunned by it.

Synopsis...

Almaviva is a Count who fell in love with Rosina. To ensure that she loves him and not for his wealth, he disguises as a poor man. Dr. Bartolo, Rosina's guardian secretly plans to marry her as well. Therefore, the Count turns to Figaro, the town barber (also his ex-servant)to plot the meeting between the lovebirds. In the end, both of them got married.

That's it.


================
I made black glutinous rice with sago dessert today. My 1st "tong sui" I made since I got here. It was really easy because the directions were clearly printed on the packet. There was even coconut powder in the packet so that I do not need to buy a tin of coconut milk/powder separately.

Well, the truth is I'm not a kitchen kind of person and I do not know how to make anything. Therefore, I need to buy pre-packed stuff because it comes with all the ingredients I need and the instructions. I hope my bf doesn't mind bcuz at least I do try to learn.

But, sadly to say, every single time would be a 'tak jadi' case. Sigh.

It goes the same for cakes that I bake at home. I buy the prepacked flour added with sugar and flavour. Thus, the only thing I need to do is add butter, beat, and pour it into the baking tray. As simple as that. And they have a variety of premix stuff at this particular shop near my house. (Not here obviously, in Kota Kemuning).

Frankly, I'm not a fan of black glutinous rice back home. I rather choose to order longan, honeydew and sago, gingko, white fungus or any other dessert. Never red/green bean soup or black glutinous rice.

I know, I'm just plain lazy because this "tong sui" can also double up giving me carbs and making my stomach full so that I do no need to cook for a meal or two. Haha...

No comments: