Sunday, October 07, 2007

Ceilidh

What a huge turn up at the Ceilidh (pronounced kay-lee) dance- the traditional Scottish dancing organised for the international students. Definitely a very Scottish event. A stay in Scotland wouldn't be complete without trying it out. Love it and would of course be glad to go for more. Hopefully, there will be another chance. But be prepared, you need lots of energy for it!

Danced and danced non stop for hours, except for the occasional short breaks in between dances to catch our breath and the snack session- oatcakes + cheese, shortbread and this really sweet candy thingy (I forgot what is it called). Esther banned me from alcohol. =( So Rinoa says "no" too. I know I'm not supposed to drink. Sigh.

Damn semangat, I even had my arm painted with the Scottish flag by one of the girls there. *They were doing it for early birds before the crowd got really big* I've got to announce this, I sweated! Yay!!! Damn happy like got free gold like that hahaha.


Me with Scottish flag.


Housemates showing off our arm/face paintings. *Esther why you washed it away?*


*Spot me!*


Later, we hopped into Barony bar, also at the Student Union. Again, another round of dance. I must have burnt up so much calories. Here comes the sad part, calories replaced with the supper I had. Actually I don't care about losing calories. With Khai Yong's sandwich and Desmond's Indomee, I'm more energised. That's why I'm able to blog now. If not, I would already be sleeping like a pig.

Since semester has started, being in Uni finally feels like being in one. During summer, it was so quiet and damn sien leh. Maybe should have came overseas since 1st year haha. Not too late though since I'm here now! Met quite a number of people lately, most of them international students. Those Italians even named me "Valentina" because it's easier. That's the nicest name among all they suggested. Still, so randomly. Gosh, Jessie is considered easy la. Their names lagi hard to remember.

Yikes, running really late now. Quarter to 4am. Better go to bed. Nitey.

No comments: