Monday, October 01, 2007

Sem 7 Fever

Final year in university... I usually start with wearing something new. I did, last Friday, a cardigan. I'm not superstitious ok? Well, I thought it would be a good start. Somewhat similar to wearing new clothes on the 1st day of CNY.

Bombarding us with hours of briefing about our final year. I don't even know what subjects am I taking this year, so you can imagine how blur was I during the briefing. Well, until now, I still don't know. Hold on... I will when the holiday mood is over and when I feel there is the urge to do someting about my studies.

There goes the briefing. And I'm allocated with the research project titled "Lyophilised insert formulations for nasal drug delivery". What I would have to do is formulate active therapeutic compounds of interest with varying chemical properties into lyophilised nasal inserts. Gosh, it involves a whole lot of research in LABS to be able to achieve that. I sort of copied and pasted one line from a whole paragraph of description to briefly show what would I be doing. I hope it will turn out well, and I hope my supervisor Fionna McInnes is nice.

1st day of class... I would always remember this day. Bcuz it's the 1st time I'm able to wake up and get ready in 15 minutes before I run out of the house. Supposed to leave at 8 with the rest but I woke up at 7.57. This girl can never leave house without bathing, so I did, plus... I shampooed my hair as well! N not to mention, I blew dry it as well. It has already became a habit to do so, and I cannot kick it off. I was practically running to the train station to catch the "underground"... Why?? Bcuz of a workshop at the University of Glasgow at the west end with some 4th year medical students. Kan cheong gila the night before bcuz medical students are supposed to have more knowledge compared to us pharmacy students.

I thought I wouldn't make it there in time. But, thank god I did, so yeah.. I guess my day wasn't that bad after all! hahaha. Warns myself "No more late night shows for me if I have to wake up early the next day anymore".

Not forgetting, the fire alarm rang again. AGAIN bcuz it just rang last Friday, thanks to Desmond. I know I sound sacarstic, no offence ya? *I know you will read this hehe* We're so happy today's wasn't bcuz of any of us IMU students. Must be some "gwai lou" guys on the lower floors. Yipeeee!!! If not, people would think this bunch of chinese students are a nuisance.

No comments: