Sunday, October 14, 2007

Swan Lake at Glasgow Royal Concert Hall

I was so excited the whole day. I just couldn't wait to watch the performance. Ah, why can't they tour to Malaysia as well? I can't be flying into Singapore and Bangkok purposely for a show. And they cost a bomb there too. I can't remember when was the last time I watched a ballet piece. I know it was Nutcracker at the Istana Budaya. And also the River Dance about 4 years ago. No ballet dance companies ever came since then.

I'm not saying that it's super cheap here but for about Rm210 (after conversion), it's not too bad. The only fact that makes me feel guilty is that the other 5 of them bought cheaper seats while Rinoa and me wanted the most expensive one.

The auditorium was much smaller than what I expected. It look grand from the outside so I was expecting it to be a really big hall. Other than being small, the hall was quite nice la. The set for the show was abit plain. But the dance by the prima ballerina was good, that's the most important thing! Act 1- Scene 2 was the best! It was where the prince met Odette at the lake together with the other swans. I'm like WOW.

Oh yea, the prima ballerina's name is Irina Kolesnikova. If you try to google her on the internet, you would realise that she has a fan club (the IK Club). The company is not exactly that famous, but she is.

Do you think we girls overdressed? I think we did, looking at what the other people wore.
L-R: Esther, Jessycca, Xin Yin, Rinoa, moi, Xin Hui

I don't know if this is allowed. We did not use flash!!! That's the curtain when it's down. I got a great seat. From my view, it's the middleline of the stage.


LOL See what are they doing. Jessycca camwhoring herself. Esther trying to snap a pic of us.


It's our turn to camwhore!


Photo taken before leaving. That's the expensive booklet I'm holding. Continue reading to see how much I paid for it.


With a ballet-lover as well. And also my teman for ballet classes.

This is definitely one of our housemates-activity. All 4 of us. Plus the gentleman Kah Wei. I'm surprised by his interest.
P/S: Today's photos are thanks to Rinoa. I didn't bring my camera as it couldn't fit into my clutch.

One more thing, can somebody tell me if I look any fatter compared to before? I feel that my face grew fleshier! Why is it only my face? Salah tempat la fats. Of course la will be fat, eating 5 packets of biscuits in a week. I eat more unnecessary snacks during semester classes.

Coming to that booklet, I bought the SPBT's 2007-2008 European Tour programme booklet for 7 pounds. Mahal hor? That's rm49 leh. *Faints*

Ah, another week coming up. *Hates, hates, hates*

No comments: