Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Untitled

Happily away I wanted to announce to my family that my exams are FINALLY over (after such a long time of seemingly-endless exams), I heard a shocking news. Maybe I shouldn't have called home, then I wouldn't know about it?

Life.

Don't you think life seem short? When I was younger, I was blessed with a perfect environment where I don't see death. That stayed until about 2-3 years ago. I remembered my legs turned weak that I almost dropped onto the ground. Knowing that the person you've seen since you're born would not be there any longer. Not only knowing, you also need to accept it. Only memories stay in your mind. The only images you have now are photos of that person.

More than 2 yrs have passed, in fact, it's going to be 3 yrs, but it felt like it was just yesterday that I met you. Of course I couldn't rmber the times when you lifted me up when I was still a baby, but I can imagine that. I knew you loved me, a lot, giving me what I wanted even though my parents spanked me for being so demanding as a kid.

I never shed a tear in front of people, that's not bcuz I'm emotionless. I know you would know how I feel inside.

Now, another relative of mine left. I guess what disturbs me more now is the people around. I can imagine tears and wails. I hope they will be emotionally strong. Most importantly, I hope my grandfather will be able to accept it calmly. I'm helpless here bcuz I'm so far away. During moments like this, I hope I'm at home.

I pray and wish that you, my granduncle would be attain nibbana and therefore be free from samsara. May you rest in peace.

No comments: